Thursday, April 7, 2011

short phonecall . . . giant relief

I just got the call from my oncology nurse, Kathleen, with the news that yesterday's PET scan was clear (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography).
 
Ovaries, bones, lungs, liver--all clear. 

No Evidence of Disease.  Anywhere.

I promised myself that if this test was clear, I would give myself (and Jay) a long break from worrying about cancer.  The worrying has become all consuming--like back in the days of my original diagnosis.  And, quite honestly, it's been ruining my life.  I'm a worrier.  But, worrying about metastasized cancer is worrying on a whole new level.  It is bottomless, and it is dark.

So, now, I'm done (and relieved).

The PET scan is clear.  I'm moving forward, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment