Thursday, March 24, 2011

These Boots Were Made for Walking

This post has nothing to do with cancer--alright, maybe just a little bit about cancer.   It's really about a great pair of boots.  I have a friend who introduced me to clog boots ( http://www.no6store.com/).  And, I love them.

It doesn't matter what kind of mood I'm in.  It doesn't matter if I have an appointment at Sloan Kettering or if I'm going out to dinner.  It doesn't matter if I'm feeling great or if I'm worrying about a pain in my back (that I'm convinced is metastasized breast cancer to my spine--like today).  I put these boots on, and I'm feeling good and ready to go . . . walking. 

No. 6 Clog Boots

I'm not sure what that says about the boots or about me.  Maybe the boots are incredibly awesome, or I'm incredibly shallow, or I have an incredibly great friend who recommended an incredibly great pair of boots to her incredibly shallow friend. 

I like to think that it's really about my friend (my friend who brought me dinner, watched my daughter, baked dark chocolate chip cookies for me, brought me chick lit books and recommended great boots last year).

Because, there are two things I know for sure:
My team at Sloan Kettering took care of my body (fingers crossed).
And, my friends took care of me and my family.

There are a lot of things I can do, but there is no way I could have done cancer without friends--and good shoes.



If you know someone who could benefit from or would like to read this blog, please forward the link to them.
beingmemovingforward.blogspot.com


Breast cancer alone can be terrifying, but the breast cancer community is empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment