Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love is in the Hair


Yesterday, I trekked to the upper east side in the middle of the snow storm to the Sally Hershberger Salon to get my hair colored.  I finally met Michael, my new hair colorist.  The man who, through my friend and his client, has been my hair advisor for the past year.  

Neither snow, nor rain, nor heat . . .

I sat down in the chair next to my friend, and Michael and I talked about what my hair used to look like.  I brought pictures from the old blond highlighting and straightening days, the highlighting and low lighting days and the wavy and gray days.   And, we talked about what it looks like now--I made my standard attempts at humor with references to Jay Leno and Bea Arthur.

And, he said, "you know, that's funny, you see Bea Arthur, but with all these waves and curls, I see something more like Halle Berry."

Halle Berry.  Okay, I know that I do not look like Halle Berry in my before or in my after photos.  But, who am I to question a man who works with hair for a living?

I have met some amazing people on this crazy ride.

Before



 After


Maybe not Halle Berry.  But, pretty great.  Thank you, Michael.  



No comments:

Post a Comment