Friday, January 7, 2011

Moving forward


“I write to find out what I think.”  Joan Didion
As I copied (and reread) my CaringBridge posts to this blog, I realized that that’s exactly what I did this year.  Initially, I wrote to share all of my medical updates.  Then, I wrote to share all of my experiences, doctors’ names and resources.
But, really, as I was writing, I was figuring out what I was thinking—and feeling too.  Who knew? 
Who knew that writing would help me process the past year and help me find my own voice?   
So this is it—this is the last CaringBridge post.
From now on, it’s just Being Me . . . moving forward
December 2010


Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:08 PM, EST

I Gotta Feeling

I've known for a long time that I wanted my last CaringBridge post to be today. 

A year ago today I was at a friend's house, and I got a call from my radiologist at Mt. Kisco Medical Group with the news that I had breast cancer. 

I knew that after today I wanted to keep writing and move onto something else. But what?

I'd like to think that I have a New York Times "Modern Love" article or a Times Magazine "Lives" article in me.   I'd even like to think that I have a one woman show in me.  CaringBridge--The Musical, maybe? 

And, maybe I do. 

But, for now, I'm leaving CaringBridge and taking my posts on the road to, dare I say it, a blog.  Yes, a blog.  I know, I know, I can hear the groans--another blog.  But, the truth is, I've been blogging all year.  I was just calling it posting journal entries. 

I'm coming out of the CaringBridge closet.  From today on I'll be writing at:

http://beingmemovingforward.blogspot.com/

My first entries are going to be a back up of all of my entries from the past year.  The organizing, card catalog part of my brain needs all of my posts to be living in the same place together. 

And, from there . . . I'll truly move forward.

Happy and healthy new year, everyone!

moving on,
with gratitude and love,
Barbara


And, one last time, the song in my head is I Gotta Feeling--The Black Eyed Peas

I gotta feeling that this year's gonna be a good year . . . let's live it up!




No comments:

Post a Comment